How dangerous is mold?

First, mold is everywhere. It’s a fact of nature really and something that we can’t completely wipe out of existence. Although, part of what we like to do at Iowa Mold Removal is to not just to remove mold, but also educated people on it as well.

Not all mold you may find in your house is toxic, most molds are not. Some people, however, do suffer from mold-related allergies, which is more common in those with asthma, infants and children, the elderly, people with chronic lung disease or compromised immune systems.

Those that are not allergic to mold can still find they get irritated eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs.

As for black mold (Stachybotrys) and the spores it releases are mycotoxins which can lead to a whole host of health issues including:

– Respiratory problems
– Skin inflammation
– Hemorrhage
– Irritation of the mucous membranes
– Damage to internal organs
– Mental impairment
– Tiredness
– Nausea
– Immune system suppression

And in some extreme cases can lead to death.

So, regardless of the color or severity, if you find mold in your home, call us today. We’re trained to deal with toxic substances and minimize the spread of potential spores.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.