WHAT CAN MOLD DO TO YOUR BODY?
Exposure to damp and moldy environments can have a variety of negative health effects. Some are more sensitive to molds than others. For these people, molds can cause nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation, or, in some cases, skin irritation.
CAN YOU GET SICK FROM MOLD IN YOUR HOUSE?
In some cases, mold in your home can make you sick, although it will affect those with allergies or asthma more so. Regardless mold exposure can still irritate your eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs even if you don’t suffer from allergies or asthma.
CAN MOLD GROW ON PLASTIC?
Mold cannot grow on surfaces like plastic, metal or glass unless there is a layer of organic material which it needs to feed on.
HOW DANGEROUS IS BLACK MOLD IN YOUR HOUSE?
The better-known toxic molds are Stachybotrys chartarum (black mold), which can range from symptoms such as headaches up to cancer, and Aspergillus, which can cause severe lung infections, or lead to whole-body infections. Mold is particularly dangerous for infants and children.
WHAT ARE SIGNS OF MOLD IN YOUR HOUSE?
Mold odor gives off that damp musty smell. Other symptoms like sneezing, runny noses, red eyes and skin rashes that seem to be worse when you’re at home can also be a sign.